How Can You Better Maximize the Potential of Your Volunteers? (Karen Knight)
As a nonprofit leader, have you struggled to build a strong and sustainable volunteer program? In episode #243 of Your Path to Nonprofit Leadership, volunteer leadership expert Karen Knight discusses what she's learned over 25 years of providing volunteer recruitment, engagement, and training support for nonprofit organizations. Karen shares the top four trends leaders should know to grow their volunteer engagement program. She explains how leveraging your volunteer workforce will help scale your impact. What makes a good volunteer? How can nonprofit leaders better embrace volunteer appreciation? What should we include in the onboarding process and exactly how should staff engage in their day-to-day management? Karen shares the answers!
"Managing volunteers is a key component of nonprofit leadership."
Karen Knight is a consultant and volunteer leadership expert with over 25 years of experience in the social impact sector. She has served as district director, board member and in numerous other volunteer leadership roles. Karen has been a member of the Board of the Kamloops Therapeutic Riding Association since 2017 and is currently serving as President. She's used her years of experience and intimate knowledge of what goes into creating effective and strategic volunteer management programs to develop a proprietary framework for turning volunteers into enthusiastic, reliable and committed teams.
EPISODE TOPICS & RESOURCES
- From the Top Down: The Executive Role in Successful Volunteer Involvement by Susan J. Ellis
- Learn more about Karen here
- Ready for a Mastermind? Learn more here!
- Have you gotten Patton's book Your Path to Nonprofit Leadership: Seven Keys to Advancing Your Career in the Philanthropic Sector
- Watch for the companion workbook and the audio version of Patton's best seller, Your Path to Nonprofit Leadership, coming soon!